What have you done to get out of sex? These are things I’ve done/said to get out of sex.
- I’m tired
- Have to get up early
- We just had sex, didn’t we?
- How can you be horny again already?
- Stay downstairs watching TV and sneak in after he’s been asleep awhile
- Stay downstairs doing ANYTHING and sneak in after he’s been asleep awhile
- The kids might hear
- I’m not in the mood
- I’m stressed out
- I want to watch TV
- I want to read this book
- I have too much to do
- Fall asleep in child’s bed, come to bed really late
- Fall asleep watching TV, come to bed really late
- I don’t feel good
- I don’t feel an emotional connection
- I don’t feel like being touched
- I didn’t want to wake you up
- I feel pressured
- You only want me for sex
- I’m fat
- I have PMS
- I just can’t get into it
- Stop it
- Quit it
- Do you ever think about anything else
- Fine, but let’s make it quick, okay
- I’m not like porn girls
- I’m in a bad mood
And the number one way to get out of sex, DRUM ROLL PLEASE,
START A HUGE FIGHT and/or be completely cold and aloof.
These are all things I’ve done to get out of sex. They are all WRONG, and very bad for a marriage.
Take my advice, ladies, Do NOT Do This! If you love your husband and want your marriage to last, do the exact opposite of this list. And if these things are symptomatic of other problems in your marriage, STILL do the exact opposite of this list.
Today in Relief Society our lesson was on loving family relationships. The focus was on mothering, but we did touch on the marital relationship. We discussed that parents love and support each other. That the greatest gift you can give your children is to love your spouse. That we should work on being less selfish. I raised my hand to comment but didn’t get called on, so didn’t get a chance to say what I wanted to say. I’m going to say now that you cannot fully show your love and support for your spouse without meeting your spouse’s sexual and intimacy needs, be you husband or wife.
Stop making excuses!!! Bless your marriage and bless your husband.