I won’t be posting anything this week, so that I can focus on hosting Thanksgiving for my wonderful family. I’m going to be a cooking fiend for the next few days.
Here’s the menu:
- Turkey (of course!)
- Chilled curried carrot soup
- Yams Braised with Cream, Rosemary and Nutmeg
- Gingered green beans with cashews
- Cranberry Sauce with Pears and Cardamom
- Chocolate Hazelnut Torte (my signature dish–I’ve been making this every year for the last ten years and it is divine. If you decide to make it, make sure you reduce the cooking temp to 360 and bake for 40 minutes only.)
- Apple pie for Conan and pumpkin pie for my youngest son
All these recipes come from Epicurious (I LOVE Epicurious!)
I have family members bringing the obligatory mashed potatoes, stuffing and rolls, and I do believe we are going to have a fabulous day!
Thanks to everyone who comes to my blog, everyone who’s a “follower”, and everyone who takes the time to comment on my posts. You are all great!
Have a wonderful holiday.